HAOC Celebrates Post-16 Results
Students and staff at Harris Academy Ockendon are celebrating after its students have received a fantastic set of A-level and Vocational qualification results. After what has been an exceptionally challenging first year for the newly branded Harris Sixth Form, all the staff at the academy are incredibly proud of all students receiving their results.
A level results were the best ever, with three quarters of all entries being awarded a C grade and over a third being awarded a B grade or above. The average A level grade for all entries was a C with students on average achieving over a third of a grade higher than their target. Students performed particularly well in disciplines such as Art, Economics and Financial Studies, where the average grade achieved was a B, and English Language and Literature, History, Law, Religious Studies, Psychology and Sociology where the average grade achieved was a C+, demonstrating strong performances in demanding subjects.
Our Vocational students performed to an exceptionally high standard, achieving an average grade of Distinction. Students performed particularly well in BTEC Sport, and Enterprise and Entrepreneurship, in which all students on average performed at least half a grade better than expected, making exceptional progress.
The Academy’s notable successes include:
- Luca Sargeant who achieved A*A*A in Law, Philosophy and Ethics, and Psychology and will be going on to read Law at The London School of Economics.
- Samantha Ziko who achieved BBB in Law, Sociology and Psychology and will be going on to read Law at the University of Kent.
- Millie Jeyes who achieved BBB in English Language and Literature, Philosophy and Ethics, and Psychology and will go on to read Law at London South Bank University.
- Jordan France who achieved BBC in English Language and Literature, Law and Sociology and will go on to read Law at Anglia Ruskin University.
- George Mower who achieved BBC in Accounting, Economics and Mathematics and will go on to complete a higher-level apprenticeship.
- Aimee Downes who achieved D*D*D in BTEC Sport and will go on to Further Education College to study Hair and Beauty.
Ms Rainey, the Academy’s Principal, said:
“In a year like no other, students at Harris Academy Ockendon have gained great results. These results are a testament to the hard work of students and staff, and the consistent approach of the academy. Against a very challenging backdrop the hard work and dedication of students has shone through. Students have not had the Year 13 they imagined but they can look forward proudly to a bright future.”