2022-2023 Sixth Form Success
We were delighted to be celebrating with our students on A-Level results day (Thursday 17th August 2023) who were awarded an excellent set of A Level and Vocational qualification results.
For the majority of students, this was their first foray with public examinations, having had their GCSE exams cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic. With this in mind, we were all incredibly proud of the resilience and tenacity demonstrated by all students receiving their results, many of whom are going on to study at some of the UK’s most prestigious universities.
Overall, over 35% of entries achieved grades A*-B and 63% of all grades awarded to students were a C grade or higher. The overall pass rate was 97%.
Our notable successes include:
- Haddy Cham who achieved A* A A in Geography, Biology and Psychology and will be going on to read Dental Therapy and Hygiene at King’s College, University of London;
- Faisolat Akanji who achieved A A Distinction* in Business, History and Sport and will be going on to read Business and Management at the University of York;
- Francis Kaldunski who achieved A A A A in Business Studies, Economics, Mathematics and Polish and will be going on to read Business Analytics at the University of Exeter;
- Antoni Kaldunski who achieved A*B B B in Polish, English Literature, History and Law and will be going on to read History at the University of Exeter;
- Mirabel Olutosin who achieved A A B in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology and will be going on to read Biomedical Sciences at the University of Portsmouth.
Success against the odds: Emalee Berry
We also took immense pride in Emalee Berry, who exemplified unwavering resilience, motivation, and determination. Despite unforeseen and very unique health challenges leading to unavoidable sporadic attendance during both Year 12 and 13, Emalee tackled her A Level and BTEC studies with remarkable determination. She had the desire to succeed despite juggling necessary health-related breaks. With the support of her teachers, she adeptly caught up on missed learning, overcoming significant memory hurdles through persistent practice, and showcasing exceptional scholarship, proving that her medical condition could not hinder her success. Her remarkable accomplishments, including a 'C' in Government and Politics, a 'C' in Religious Studies and a Merit in Health and Social Care, made us incredibly proud. Emalee is an inspiration for future scholars at HAOC, Emalee's triumph over extreme adversity paves the way for a bright future.
Principal Ms Rainey expressed her elation, stating:
"We are thrilled with these results which show how far the Academy has come in the past few years. Academic success is now the norm at Harris Academy Ockendon, and it is wonderful to see so many students achieve the top grades and secure places on competitive university courses. I have no doubt their achievements today will inspire our younger students to aim high and work hard and we look forward to building on this success in the years to come.”
Antoni and Francis Kaldunski
(Antoni achieved A*BBB in Polish, English Literature, History and Law)
(Francis achieved AAAA in Polish, Business, Economics and Maths)
(achieved A*AA in History, Economics and Law)
John (and Mrs) Franco
(achieved ABB in Financial Studies, Government and Politics, and Law)
Kikachukwu Odozi, Faisolat Akanji, Mandy Amofa
(Kikachukwu achieved ABB in Biology, Chemistry and Maths)
(Faisolat achieved AAD* in Business, History and Sport)
(Mandy achieved ABB in Media Studies, English Literature and Psychology)
The Department for Education performance tables for Harris Academy Ockendon Sixth Form (16-18) can be found via the following link: