2020-2021 Sixth Form Success
HARRIS ACADEMY OCKENDON CELEBRATES RECORD-BREAKING POST-16 RESULTS
Students and staff at Harris Academy Ockendon are celebrating today after its students have received a record-breaking set of A-level and Vocational qualification results. After what has been an exceptionally challenging two years for students in year 13, all the staff at the academy are incredibly proud of the resilience and tenacity demonstrated by all students receiving their results today.
A level results improved from last year and were once again the best the Academy has ever received, with the average grade awarded to students being a B. For the second consecutive year the academy celebrates a 100% pass rate for all entries, 83% of grades were awarded a C or above and over a third of all grades were A*/A. The value-added score is +0.95, therefore on average students were awarded just short of an entire grade above their target grade. A remarkable achievement. Students performed particularly well in disciplines such as Art, Economics, English Language & Literature, History, Mathematics and Religious Studies where the average grade achieved was a B, and Biology, Financial Studies, Law, Psychology and Sociology where the average grade achieved was a C+, demonstrating strong performances in demanding subjects.
Our Vocational students in BTEC Sport, and Enterprise and Entrepreneurship also performed to an exceptionally high standard, achieving an average grade of Distinction*- and a value-added score of +1.36, indicating students on average were awarded over 1 grade above their target; a stunning result.
The Academy’s notable successes include:
- Emma Burroughs who achieved A*A*A and will be going on to read Biosciences at Imperial College, London
- Emily Fall who achieved A* A Distinction* and will be going on to read Law at the University of Warwick
- Megan Kelly who achieved A*, A, Distinction *, and has secured employment with Aretian Wealth Management based in London
- Kacia Matthieu who achieved A* A* A* and will be going on to read Sociology at Loughborough University
- Summer-Marie Sandy who achieved A* A Distinction* and will be going on to read Law with Philosophy at the University of Essex
- Ronnie Young who achieved A*A* A and will be going on to read Mathematics at the University of York
Ms Rainey, the Academy’s Principal, said:
Despite a challenging two years, students at Harris Academy Ockendon have gained great results. These results are a testament to the hard work of students, staff and the consistent approach of the academy. Against very challenging circumstances the hard work and dedication of our students has shone through. Students have not had the Year 13 they imagined but they can look forward proudly to a very bright future.