How to stop the spread of Coronavirus
The most important symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of any of the following:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
Children are likely to become infected with coronavirus (COVID-19) at roughly the same rate as adults, but the infection is usually mild.
If anyone has any of the symptoms above, they should self-isolate at home.
Stop the spread of coronavirus
There are things you can do to help stop viruses like coronavirus spreading.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Throw away the tissue straight away
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately
- Wash your hands with soap and water often
- Before leaving home, and when entering a building
- After breaks and sport activities
- Before cooking and eating
- After using the toilet
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean