How to stop the spread of Coronavirus
The most important symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of any of the following:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
Children are likely to become infected with coronavirus (COVID-19) at roughly the same rate as adults, but the infection is usually mild.
If anyone has any of the symptoms above, they should self-isolate at home.
Stop the spread of coronavirus
There are things you can do to help stop viruses like coronavirus spreading.
- Wear a face covering when in lessons, communal areas, and travelling around the school. We recommend each student has two cloth masks. You can make them yourself following this guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-wear-and-make-a-cloth-face-covering/how-to-wear-and-make-a-cloth-face-covering
Each night the mask should be washed in warm soapy water and left to dry. Alternatively, students can use ‘single use’ disposable masks. It is recommended student’s spare face coverings are kept in a resealable bag.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately
- Wash your hands with soap and water;-
- before leaving home, and when entering a building
- after breaks and sport activities
- before cooking and eating
- after using the toilet
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean